Recognize that toolbar? It’s the Desktop Toolbar and it’s pretty useful – when you’re using a Desktop resource. If you’re using a Seamless Published Application, it’s a nuisance if it’s not configured properly. And what’s properly? Configuring the Desktop Toolbar to only show with Desktop resources and not showing for published applications allowing them to run properly in Seamless Mode. To do this, follow these general steps.
- On your Web Interface server, backup the current configuration. I recommend copying the
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\citrix\xenapp\folder somewhere else for safekeeping.
- Edit your
default.icafile and using the “
;” symbol, comment out all instances of
ConnectionBar=1. Don’t simply set it to 0 – it needs to be commented out.
- Edit your
WebInterface.conffile, search for
ShowDesktopViewerand set it to
- Launch a XenDesktop session and it will appear, or launch a Seamless Application and it will function as intended.
- Configuring Citrix Desktop Director 2.1 for use with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Upgrading Citrix Access Gateway Enterprise Edition from 8.1 to 9.3 (HA Pair)
- Configuring the Desktop Toolbar for use with XenApp & XenDesktop
- Creating a XenApp 6.0 Lab Using Amazon EC2
- Citrix Purchases Cloud.com for Estimated $250m
Tag Cloudaccess gateway Advice app-v apple CCEE Certifications Citrix cloud compatibility CTX Documentation Guide Hotfix hype ICA ICA Client IDW iPhone iTunes logging Microsoft OS patch Private Cloud Provisioning Server provisioning services pvs Receiver Saving Money SME sms troubleshooting Update Updates Updating vda vdi vDisk Virtualization vmware vSphere windows 7 XenApp XenDesktop XenServer