The newest version of Citrix XenServer is now available. Version 6.0, referred to as “Project Boston” has been made available on Citrix.com Click Here for the official page.
Some notable features and changes include:
- Workload Balancing is now available a virtual appliance for ease of use.
- New Self-Service Manager feature allows for easy creation of Private Cloud environments that includes support for both XenServer and VMware vSphere.
- Lab Manager superseded by SSM
- XenServer hosts and guests can now be managed with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012.
- HDX Enhancements for use with XenDesktop
- Physical GPUs can be assigned to a specific guest for use with XenDesktop HDX 3D Pro Technology.
- Formal support for Ubuntu 10.04 (and Experimental Support for 10.10)
- “Rolling Pool Upgrade” Wizard is provided to enable easy upgrades from 5.6 and 5.6 FP1 to 6.0.
- Guest vCPU and vRAM support has been increased to 16 vCPUs and 128GB of RAm for Windows. (Linux max. varies)
- Host RAM support increased to 1TB