The newest version of Citrix XenServer is now available. Version 6.0, referred to as “Project Boston” has been made available on Citrix.com Click Here for the official page.
Some notable features and changes include:
- Workload Balancing is now available a virtual appliance for ease of use.
- New Self-Service Manager feature allows for easy creation of Private Cloud environments that includes support for both XenServer and VMware vSphere.
- Lab Manager superseded by SSM
- XenServer hosts and guests can now be managed with System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM) 2012.
- HDX Enhancements for use with XenDesktop
- Physical GPUs can be assigned to a specific guest for use with XenDesktop HDX 3D Pro Technology.
- Formal support for Ubuntu 10.04 (and Experimental Support for 10.10)
- “Rolling Pool Upgrade” Wizard is provided to enable easy upgrades from 5.6 and 5.6 FP1 to 6.0.
- Guest vCPU and vRAM support has been increased to 16 vCPUs and 128GB of RAm for Windows. (Linux max. varies)
- Host RAM support increased to 1TB
- Configuring Citrix Desktop Director 2.1 for use with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Upgrading Citrix Access Gateway Enterprise Edition from 8.1 to 9.3 (HA Pair)
- Configuring the Desktop Toolbar for use with XenApp & XenDesktop
- Creating a XenApp 6.0 Lab Using Amazon EC2
- Citrix Purchases Cloud.com for Estimated $250m
Tag Cloudaccess gateway Advice app-v apple CCEE Certifications Citrix cloud compatibility CTX Documentation Guide Hotfix hype ICA ICA Client IDW iPhone iTunes logging Microsoft OS patch Private Cloud Provisioning Server provisioning services pvs Receiver Saving Money SME sms troubleshooting Update Updates Updating vda vdi vDisk Virtualization vmware vSphere windows 7 XenApp XenDesktop XenServer