As an administrator of both XenDesktop and XenApp environments, I’m absolutely sick of multiple consoles. I’ve finally managed to easily integrate XenDesktop and XenApp administration into a single console (AMC). Unfortunately, we’re unable to integrate the “Presentation Server Console” that is still used for manging policies.
While alternative methods may exist, I know the following steps will work.
- On your XenDesktop 3.0 Media, run autorun.exe
- Select Install Optional Components.
- Install Management Consoles.
- Install XDE300AMC004 (Download here).
- Open the Access Management Console, you should see Desktop Delivery Controller in the left pane. If you do, you may continue.
- On your XenApp Media (I’m using 4.5 media) navigate to Administration\Access Management Console\Setup\
- Run ASC_PresentationServer.msi
- After following the prompts, you should now have Presentation Server as an option in the left tree below Desktop Delivery Controller.
If you also want other snap-ins you can find them on your media under Administration\Access Management Console\Setup\. There are snap-ins for Web Interface, etc. as well.
- Configuring Citrix Desktop Director 2.1 for use with Citrix XenApp 6.5
- Upgrading Citrix Access Gateway Enterprise Edition from 8.1 to 9.3 (HA Pair)
- Configuring the Desktop Toolbar for use with XenApp & XenDesktop
- Creating a XenApp 6.0 Lab Using Amazon EC2
- Citrix Purchases Cloud.com for Estimated $250m
Tag Cloudaccess gateway Advice app-v apple CCEE Certifications Citrix cloud compatibility CTX Documentation Guide Hotfix hype ICA ICA Client IDW iPhone iTunes logging Microsoft OS patch Private Cloud Provisioning Server provisioning services pvs Receiver Saving Money SME sms troubleshooting Update Updates Updating vda vdi vDisk Virtualization vmware vSphere windows 7 XenApp XenDesktop XenServer