As an administrator of both XenDesktop and XenApp environments, I’m absolutely sick of multiple consoles. I’ve finally managed to easily integrate XenDesktop and XenApp administration into a single console (AMC). Unfortunately, we’re unable to integrate the “Presentation Server Console” that is still used for manging policies.
While alternative methods may exist, I know the following steps will work.
- On your XenDesktop 3.0 Media, run autorun.exe
- Select Install Optional Components.
- Install Management Consoles.
- Install XDE300AMC004 (Download here).
- Open the Access Management Console, you should see Desktop Delivery Controller in the left pane. If you do, you may continue.
- On your XenApp Media (I’m using 4.5 media) navigate to Administration\Access Management Console\Setup\
- Run ASC_PresentationServer.msi
- After following the prompts, you should now have Presentation Server as an option in the left tree below Desktop Delivery Controller.
If you also want other snap-ins you can find them on your media under Administration\Access Management Console\Setup\. There are snap-ins for Web Interface, etc. as well.